Monday, January 1, 2018

Take the Plunge

First post of the New Year

Today is Polar Bear Plunge Day.  Did you know I was a polar bear swimmer back in my Girl Scout days?  At Girl Scout Camp Sandy Brook in Huntington, Massachusetts, I would get up before the other campers and go swimming in the lake.  Brrrr, it was cold, but it was also fun.  Today, Polar Bear swimmers take the plunge for charities.  It takes courage to plunge into very cold waters.  Just like it takes courage to plunge into your family history.  Today, I only have my memories of that wonderful camp.  I was told the Girl Scouts sold the land, and more's the pity.  Many of our loved ones have also passed into memory this past year.  It's time to break out and do those interviews and start that family history.  If you've been doing your family research for years, it's time to start writing a book and preserving that history, and checking your will to be sure there are instructions of what to do with your research, and who has access to your websites.  Don't assume your heirs will take care of it with the same love you have for it.  It's a New Year!   Take the Plunge.


No comments:

Post a Comment